Job Ref: 213649137
Date: 2021-04-29 15:05:30
IQ’s busy and fast paced project management department are looking to take on a Buyer to assist the Contracts Director in driving this essential department in the group.
The role will be dynamic and include many aspects of procurement, planning and logistics.
Full product training will be given in house, allowing the role to suit anyone with a history and proven experience of buying, ideally in the professional building sector.
The project management department is at the forefront of everything we do, therefore successful candidates will have to show an ability to work quickly, be responsive and dynamic and generate ideas to keep our approach strategy fresh. They will ideally also have experience in managing, getting the most out of their team members and encouraging a positive working environment.
REPORTING TO The Contracts Director / Board
The business wants a driven career-minded individual that will have excellent training and mentorship, while providing a dynamic knowledge-sharing environment that encourages commercial innovation. Ideally with experience of buying or ordering materials and components within the construction industry, with a good knowledge of the building trade and inventory control. You will have good negotiation and influencing skills, including the ability to communicate at all levels. As the workload and scope of delivery increases, the company continues to seek ways of leveraging the values spent in the supply chain to effectively drive more value and therefore require a person responsible for the effective management of suppliers. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this could be the opportunity for you.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / ATTRIBUTES
You will be expected to:
· Work to develop the supplier database that delivers the best value to the business and its customers.
· Lead project procurement execution through the whole project lifecycle, calculating and optimising, the whole-life cost, financial and otherwise, of goods and services.
. Current spend on materials £9m PA – Savings target 10%
· Deliver the best combination of quality, price, and delivery to customers by working to add value in a socially responsible and ethical manner.
· Demonstrate proven ability to prepare negotiation strategies / techniques and lead negotiations.
· Monitor, measure and analyse suppliers and their performance to ensure continual improvement of quality and value of the goods and services delivered and take ownership of corrective action when necessary.
· Work with our operational business to identify new and manage existing suppliers. · Maintain detailed information relating to vendors, market conditions, performance and risk.
· Embed sustainability as a core theme of the vendor relationships and agreements. · Good awareness of contract law. Skills / Qualifications:
· Significant procurement experience in a relevant industry. CIPS (Level 1-2 Min) or similar required.
· Demonstrate commercial knowledge and possess a thorough understanding of procurement processes and its application within our construction environment. · Strong co-ordination, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
· Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate and present data in a clear and concise manner to both internal & external stakeholders across senior levels.
· Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a can-do attitude.
Salary: depending on experience and skills.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time (40 hours per week), 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday with 1hr lunch.
Training: full in-house training offered
If you are interested in the above vacancy, please send your CV with covering letter by clicking Apply. Successful applicants will be invited to an interview at our offices in Amersham
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.