Our client has an opportunity for an experienced HR Assistant to join their team on a 12 month maternity cover.
We are looking for candidates who are talented and drive and confident and happy to be the first port of call to employees and external partners for all HR related queries. You must have a good understanding of employment law to support your HR experience.
* Co-ordinating the new starter administration process from end to end ensuring accurate offer packs and supporting documents are issued in line with internal SLA’s.
* Organise staff vetting and monitor compliance with the Staff Vetting Policy.
* Supporting new starter queries with access to appropriate benefits.
* Co-ordinating inductions
* Recording absence within the HR system and providing first line advice on the completion of return to work interviews.
* Responsible for ensuring all administration related contractual obligations are satisfied i.e. professional qualification checks, right to work checks and employment referencing.
* Dealing with HR matters including maternity cover, paternity cover tc.
* Processing all authorised changes to pay within the HR System and issuing appropriate change confirmation letters.
* Raising PO’s and co-ordinating invoices to support HR and L&D budget control.
* Administering employee benefits i.e. Cycles, Holiday Plus, Tusker and Childcare Vouchers.
* Undertaking HR administration housekeeping i.e. efficient storage of personnel files, templates, letters and forms.
* Recruitment activities, such as job posting and interview scheduling.
* Co-ordinating all leaver filing and archiving.
* Co-ordinating HR administration related improvement projects i.e. archiving and paperless personnel files.
* Proactively liaise with HR Advisor highlighting trends and patterns relating to sickness absence and risk assessments required in response to matters highlighted from staff vetting.
* Assist with HR administration system development including ensuring appropriate access is available to employees, bulk uploads are timely and system changes are affected to reflect internal policies.
* Ensuring incoming and outgoing post is distributed in a timely manner.
* General HR project work.
* Other duties as required by Head of HR and / or HR Director.
Good general education with a minimum GCSE C Grade or equivalent in English and Maths
CPP / CIPD qualification
Strong planning, coordination and organizational skills
Proficient in using Microsoft Office tools in a 365 environment
Have a good working knowledge of HRIS systems
Ability to maintain highly confidential and sensitive information
Initiative & drive; continuously improve processes & deliver against agreed objectives/service levels
Ability to make decisions on, and appropriately escalate, tasks that impact customer service levels with a sense of urgency
Multi-tasking experience in a fast-paced environment, completing work tasks with speed and accuracy in a detailed work environment.
Previous generalist experience of HR Administration and collation of data for payroll.
Excellent organisational skills including ability to manage time and prioritise effectively.
Well-developed interpersonal skills and able to engage with colleagues at all levels.
Exceptional attention to detail.
Proven track record of delivering excellent service to customers and stakeholders at all times
A strong team player with an excellent attitude and professional character
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.