Job Ref: 213222938
Date: 2021-02-21 01:15:32
About the role
Becoming a Warehouse Transport Service Clerk gives you a crucial and active role in our distribution operation. You’ll play a key role in ensuring all Warehouse / Transport routines are adhered to at all times and housekeeping is done each day to ensure smooth running of the system.
Shift Pattern: Various Shifts Available
You will be responsible for
* Answering Telephones via Distribution Direct to answer any store queries and input them onto the online log
* Ensuring all reports are completed on time and sent to the relevant people
* Ensuring all detail is given to drivers at the start of their Journey at pre-brief
* Investigating any route or time discrepancies on de-brief
* Ensuring my work is accurate and precise
* All drivers are greeted and dealt with in a timely manner
* Health and safety is adhered to at all times with drivers being issued risk assessments.
* Keeping a clean and tidy workplace and free of any H&S hazards
* Ensuring my equipment is clean and tidy and in full working order
You will need
* To be able to work as part of a team, sharing knowledge and experience
* To be helpful, friendly and flexible with hours and shifts
* To work shoulder to shoulder with Team Members and Managers
* Experience on Warehouse / Transport management systems
* To be trained and competent to deliver all Warehouse / Transport clerical operating routines
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
* Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
* Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
* Life Assurance – 5 x contractual pay
* Share Schemes – Join ‘Buy As You Earn’ and ‘Save As You Earn’ after 3 months service
* Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
* Colleague Discounts:
* 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four-day period, off most purchases at Tesco
* 10% off One Stop
* 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
* 20% off all F&F purchases
* 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
* 25% off Tesco Café
* 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
* 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
* An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
* Cycle to work scheme
* Uniform provided
Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges.
Financial wellness – Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Working in Distribution
A store is only as good as the stock on its shelves. It’s essential that our distribution network is as good as it can be, because anything less than perfect means unhappy customers.
Fortunately, as leaders in logistics management, we are up to the task. Using the latest technology, we transport 60 million cases of goods to 3,000 stores every week
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.