Job Ref: 213223104
Date: 2021-02-21 01:16:13
About the role
As a Warehouse Operative in our DC, your role will play a huge part in making sure our stores get what they need so our customers can have what they want, when they want it.
You’ll get the chance to work in a part of our business that is exciting, diverse and ever-growing.
Whether you are looking for stability or flexibility to suit your lifestyle, or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you.
Shift Pattern: Various Shifts Available
You will be responsible for
* Having a key role in supporting our store colleagues by making sure orders are assembled correctly
* Picking and manually handling stock
* Maintaining a clear and tidy warehouse and ensure any potential hazards are dealt with safely, quickly and efficiently.
* Making sure stock is received, stored, packed and transported according to the highest standards
* Taking responsibility for your own and others safety whilst at work
* Using tools provided and training material provided efficiently
* Using your Mechanical Handling Equipment efficiently
* Working both independently and as part of a team
You will need
* To have passion about delivering great customer service.
* Energy to enjoy the buzz of working in a demanding yet rewarding environment.
* A driven and keen attitude to learn new skills as well as thriving whilst working in a supportive team.
* Reliability and punctuality.
* The ability to adapt to working in a fast-paced ever-evolving environment.
* Be happy to go that extra mile.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
* Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
* Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
* Life Assurance – 5 x contractual pay
* Share Schemes – Join ‘Buy As You Earn’ and ‘Save As You Earn’ after 3 months service
* Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
* Colleague Discounts:
* 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four-day period, off most purchases at Tesco
* 10% off One Stop
* 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
* 20% off all F&F purchases
* 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
* 25% off Tesco Café
* 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
* 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
* An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
* Cycle to work scheme
* Uniform provided
Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges.
Financial wellness – Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Working in Distribution.
A store is only as good as the stock on its shelves. It’s essential that our distribution network is as good as it can be, because anything less than perfect means unhappy customers.
Fortunately, as leaders in logistics management, we are up to the task. Using the latest technology, we transport 60 million cases of goods to 3,000 stores every week
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.