Job Ref: 213225301
Date: 2021-02-22 10:29:15
Shift Mechanical Maintenance Technician – Permanent – Salary + Shift Allowance – Milton Keynes
Our leading manufacturing client is seeking a Shift Mechanical Maintenance Technician to join their company on a permanent staff basis. You will perform all mechanical activities to maintain optimum life and operation of plant machinery and equipment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Provide technical advice in troubleshooting and problem solving situations.
* Carry out Preventive Maintenance and calibration routines to maximise equipment reliability, to reduce breakdown risk.
* Provide input and recommendations for improvements to the Maintenance Management System, Permit to Work Procedure, work access and personal safety provisions.
* Regularly check operation of plant and equipment to meet production, safety requirements.
* Provide regular feedback and recommendations to improve the operability of plant machinery and equipment and reduce maintenance cost.
* Ensure all mechanical documentation is updated and easily accessible
* Co-ordinate mechanical work during project work to achieve planned goals.
* Responsible for performing daily mechanical duties, and providing detailed technical advice during problem solving and troubleshooting activities to minimise the risk and duration of Plant breakdowns.
* Provide necessary feedback and support regarding failures and repairs, recommend improvements that are required to increase equipment reliability and safety.
* Initiate requisitions for materials and follow up deliveries to fulfil job priorities.
* Liaise with and maintain regular contact with vendor service engineers.
* Communicate with Production department regarding completed work orders and the closing out of Work Permits.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Mechanical Apprenticeship or similar experience, including use of toolroom equipment.
* Working in a manufacturing environment dealing with breakdowns and overhauls of plant equipment.
* Ideally welding experience in Mig & Tig.
* Ideally light fabrication and welding.
* Ideally knowledge of pipe fitting and basic pneumatics & hydraulics.
PLEASE NOTE: Working Hours – Day shifts 6.00am – 6.00pm, 4 on 4 off, including weekends and bank holidays
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.