Job Ref: 213242071
Date: 2021-02-24 13:31:35
Our client is an industry leading, pan European manufacturing business with a multimillion-pound turnover and impressive growth plans, supported with large scale capex investment, and an existing established network of manufacturing facilities across the UK and Europe. Due to expansion, they are currently seeking an experienced Manufacturing Shift Manager Monday to Thursday, to join their established team in the Milton Keynes area. The position will be instrumental in driving their operations to the next level, covering all aspects of production and logistics management.
With plans for further investment at their Milton Keynes factory, and off the back of a successful 2020 they are seeking an experienced manufacturing shift manager to drive their business forward, taking manufacturing operations to the next level for production, planning, quality and overall efficiency. Reporting to the Group Operations Director, this presents an outstanding opportunity for a high calibre Manufacturing Manager / Production Manager to transfer knowledge and experience from other, or similar industries.
WHAT'S ON OFFER
* Career Progression and accredited training program
* Salary up to £63'250 per annum incl 15% shift allowance
* The ability to join a leading UK and International manufacturing business committed to working towards World Class Manufacturing systems and processes
* Life assurance
* Flexible and enhanced holiday scheme policy
* The leadership of 6 direct and up to 70 indirect reports, across an engineering led manufacturing / production environment, covering automated – Fabrication, welding & painting manufacturing processes
* The development and promotion of lean manufacturing techniques, such as 5s, 6 sigma, VSM, SMED, TPM, OEE etc, across manufacturing operations
* People Management, including the motivation and mentoring of your team to effectively problem solve and develop their careers
* Implementation and management of health and safety standards
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Previous experience within a senior production/ manufacturing leadership position, e.g. Operations Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Production Manager, Shift Operations Manager, Shift Production Manager, Production Lead, Production Engineering Manager etc
Leadership and people management skills and the ability to build, motivate, develop and improve teams.
Resilient & energetic with good influencing & communication skills – credible at all levels from shop floor to Exec
The ability to lead production activities, KPI metrics, analysing results to recommend & implement required improvements in performance
Experience within a fast-paced manufacturing / engineering environment, practically implementing continuous improvement tools and techniques – Lean and Six Sigma.
It is essential that applicants to this vacancy are committed to a program of both personal and career development within the business
The position reports into the Group Operations Director providing a high level of influence and autonomy within the business, along with opportunities for both personal and career development
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.