Job Ref: 212806506
Date: 2020-11-25 10:19:54
Focus IT are pleased to be assisting this global vehicle charging company. My client is an ever-growing market leader in electrical solutions Sector!
As Communications Software Engineer you will be subject matter expert on communications protocols between the Charger and its external factors such as the Vehicle, Charge Point Operations software and Home Energy Management Systems. You will develop expertise in relevant communications interfaces and international standards and support Systems, Software and Component engineers by defining requirements for these interfaces. You will work from Physical Layer up to the Application Layer supporting both requirements development and validation testing of our products.
The main duties and responsibilities in the role will include, but are not limited to:
• Develop knowledge of communications protocols such as (ISO15118, OCPP and EEBus)
• Support systems and component engineers with interface definition
• Support systems and component engineers with behavioural analysis
• Support development of behavioural and performance requirements
• Support development of test rigs, selection of test tools and definition of test cases
• Support implementation of new protocols including interoperability and certification.
• Engage with external standards development, supplier reviews and issue investigation.
The key job dimensions are as follows:
• Regulatory compliance
• Timely Product launch
You must have around 3 years' experience. You will be a self-motivated Software Engineer with knowledge and abilities as follows:
• Knowledge of networking using TCP/IP based protocols
• Knowledge of CAN based protocols
• Experience with network analysis tools
• Experience with UML or SySML modelling languages
• Experience with problem solving and root cause analysis
• Experience programming in C or Python
• Awareness of Functional Safety (desirable)
• Knowledge of OCPP, ISO15118 and DIN70121 (desirable)
• Engagement with external standards organisations (desirable)
This is an excellent opportunity for a validation engineer to join one of the big six energy providers in the world and to excel within your career path
Preferably with 3 years of experience in product development in automotive, commercial or industrial setting
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.