Job Ref: 212724307
Date: 2020-11-09 18:37:50
Azure Infrastructure Engineer £55k + car or car allowance, remote working (travel into one of the main offices around the country when required)
We are looking to recruit an Azure infrastructure Engineer to join a market leading company who lead with integrated, leading edge, smart infrastructure solutions across a wide range of markets across the UK.
As as the Azure Infrastructure Engineer what will you be doing ?
This role is working from home so can be situated anywhere within the UK
Working collaboratively with internal architectural, project and operational teams to deploy and operate the newest Azure platform technologies providing and supporting Cloud and Hybrid services to both customers and clients working with a range of technology vendors such as Microsoft, Cloudflare, Palo Alto and Z-Scaler in providing the latest infrastructure, platform and software as-a-service capabilities to our products and clients.
Interpreting and understanding customer needs, business goals and working with our architects
Implementing technical solutions to ensure the best levels of performance, service and availability to clients.
Actively participating in internal, customer and supplier collaborations which are key ways of working as part of the agile teams.
So, as the Azure Infrastructure Engineer what do you need to have?
* Experience of working in an Agile environment.
* 3+ years of demostratable knowledge of building Infrastructure environments within Microsoft's platform.
* A thorough understanding of DevOps principles and infrastructure as code, applied with configuration management, automation and orchestration tools such as Terraform and ARM templates
* A good understanding of programming patterns and constructs, our main language is PowerShell, but a fundamental understanding and an ability to learn is crucial
* Excellent working experience with Microsoft Windows system administration inc filesystem concepts etc.
* PowerShell scripting and the typical variety of PowerShell cmdlets with main focus on Azure PowerShell
* Experience of with Azure Networking, Firewalls, Load Balancing and Network Security Groups
* Working experience in creating and monitoring Azure based infrastructure applications
* The ability to troubleshoot issues and resolve to a high standard and aid our 3rd line support team
There are a number of desirable skills to aid in your application for this role, including;
* Operating maintaining and managing cloud infrastructure at scale, ideally Azure but also experience in AWS and G-Cloud are favourable
* Experience of using source control systems, CI/CD, unit testing utilising the Azure DevOps tool set, its pipelines and repos
* Production experience with database technologies. (MySQL, MS SQL, Azure SQL)
* Understanding of Z-Scaler and Cloudflare technologies
* The ability to architect and design solutions that fit our customer and project needs
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply now
Vantage Recruitment are acting as an employment agency for the purposes of this vacancy
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.