Job Ref: 214636961
Date: 2021-09-10 17:38:29
As an experienced Validation Engineer, you will manage validation testing for battery packs, from initial planning, including instrumentation, test support which could involve troubleshooting and documentation of the test reports.
Both electrical and mechanical experience would be beneficial.
Travel to test sites will be required (approx. 25% of the time).
Validation Engineer Role:
This product focused position verifies and validates the functionality of products across a wide range of customer requirements, across a variety of applications, in various environments. This work plans, tracks, and evaluates results from a wide range of analyses and functional tests to assess product risk and performance. These results are expected to drive quality decisions and proactively resolve product issues before the product reaches the customer:
* Obtains input and negotiates with Design Verification Plan and Report (DVP&R) stakeholders to define technical requirements and delivers an optimized component-based analytical and experimental verification plan to the program or project team.
* Makes decisions in the areas of verification and validation that impact product performance, reliability, and durability.
* Investigates and addresses potential component concerns or issues, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results with guidance from more experienced team members.
* Applies and supports the improvement of processes such as technical requirements, iDFMEA, Engineering Standard Work (ESW), DVP&R, test planning, and problem solving and tools such as Integrity, Microsoft Power BI, and McParts required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
* Owns problem resolution for moderately complex components, products, systems, subsystems or services with a greater degree of technical complexity and ambiguity over the entry level engineer level and with greater accountability to the project team.
* Provides independent execution of established work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge; engages with the improvement of systems and processes.
* Involves minimal direct management of people, but could involve the coordination and direction of work amongst technicians and/or temporary student employees.
* Contributes effectively toward team goals, exhibits influence within a work group and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role.
Validation Engineer Requirements:
* College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required.
* Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred.
* Capable of working on High Voltage battery systems.
* Battery system knowledge and experience.
* Been in test & validation role for minimum 4 years.
* Able to use and analyse CAN via vector tool.
Applications are welcomed from Candidates who possess the relevant skills and experience as detailed in the job description. Recent Graduates who do not have the required level of skills and experience need not apply.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK before making an application and it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide evidence of such eligibility.
In order to apply for this position, we require your National Insurance number and date of birth. Please include this information with your application
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.