Job Ref: 213930048
Date: 2021-06-08 19:17:01
J. Murphy & Sons Limited is a leading global, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 that improves lives by delivering world-class infrastructure. Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, we provide better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including transportation; water; power; natural resources; and construction & property.Headquartered in London, we also have a number of related businesses – Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Urban Infrastructure; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. We are specialists in delivering pipelines; design; marine; structural steel; tunnelling; fabrication; bridges and piling; and invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant; equipment and facilities.
Site Engineer x 6 – Milton Keynes – Earthworks & Drainage
Murphy Group is looking for six competent Site Engineers with rail and heavy civils experience to provide support to a high-profile project in Milton Keynes . You will deal with all site engineering matters, related to setting out, engineering solutions, progress control and quality record keeping.
Why Murphy Group?
With a proud history dating back to the 1960s, Murphy Transport is a multi-disciplinary specialist, working across rail, highways, aviation and ports to deliver sustainable solutions. From renewals to electrification, bridge building, highways and aviation, our award-winning team has extensive experience which offers our clients the best expertise in the industry.
* Accurate setting out of the works and dimensional control.
* Resolving technical problems at all levels and following up with TQ’s where necessary.
* Carry out inspections in accordance with the Inspection and Test Plan in a timely manner.
* The production of survey information, labelled productivity photos and redline drawings for the completion of the As-built records.
* Ensuring activities are carried out in safe manner in accordance with the Project Safety Plan.
* Accurate maintenance of Quality Management System records.
* Ensure equipment is calibrated, in date, suitable and checked in accordance with company policies and the manufacturers’ defined requirements.
* Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works, including Work Package Plans.
* Ensure the site diary is accurately maintained noting against each record the date, location and serial number of equipment used.
* Ensure construction operations are carried out in accordance with the Contract requirements using the appropriate agreed procedures.
* Makes sure that only competent personnel are used to carry out the Works. Review and assess the outputs to confirm that the required level of quality is maintained.
* Co-ordination and supervision of Sub-contractors in the performance of the Works.
* Informing senior management of any non-conformances or poor workmanship.
* Informing Senior management of any additional works or delays encountered and records resources utilised in task(s).
* Minimises environmental disturbance during construction works.
* Supervises the outputs and confirms that the project environmental requirements are met.
* Close liaison with the Site Foreman and Works Managers.
* Ensure that only the latest issue drawings and documents are being used.
* Ensure all materials on site are suitable, stored in line with manufacturer’s recommendations current working practice, contract specification or project requirements.
Assist the Site Management team to update KPI’s, material reconciliation and progress reports.
* Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
* Degree qualified Civil Engineering or Similar
* Railway, Earthworks and Drainage experience
* Experienced in surveying and setting out techniques
* Sound understanding of Quality, Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainability project requirements.
* CSCS Card (relevant type)
Full clean UK Driving License
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.