Job Ref: 213447274
Date: 2021-03-29 10:33:16
Purpose of Job
Working within the organisation’s QHSE Team, the QHSE Manager shall possess a sound knowledge of QHSE disciplines associated with the FM & M&E environment. The QHSE will be home based with travel within London, Manchester & Other Locations.
The role will involve providing QHSE support and guidance, to the business and assisting the QHSE Director within the scope of the organisation’s portfolio to promote health, safety, wellbeing, environmental and quality, ensuring statutory compliance.
Monitor, review and analyse Compliance performance within the Business, identifying appropriate initiatives and differentiators to enable the performance improvement and to be aligned with the Divisional market sector growth strategy.
Support the development and implementation of the Business compliance strategy to ensure a safe, healthy and compliant working environment whilst furthering best practice standards.
1. Providing support and guidance for all QHSE matters across the scope of the business; by liaising with respective Account and Contract Managers to ensure expectations are understood and delivered as far as is reasonable to maintain satisfactory management of potential risk exposures
2. Effective administration of the organisation’s ISO 9001/14001/45001 Integrated Management System (IMS), associated processes and documentation, with key focus on a risk-based-thinking approach;
3. The collection of appropriate data to demonstrate continuing suitability and effectiveness of the IMS;
4. Conducting internal first-party compliance audits to specific audit criteria detailed within the organisation’s management system and associated documents;
5. Assistance with contract mobilisation for QHSE disciplines;
6. Support effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and adhoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate.
7. Undertaking site and project QHSE inspections; ensuring compliance with all business-wide policy and strategy through management system audits. Ensure an up to date schedule for necessary and appropriate audits is maintained.
8. Undertaking accident investigation and reporting;
9. Collating documented evidence of the implementation and effectiveness of corrective actions within required timescales;
10. The promotion of QHSE awareness to all company employees, subcontractors, and other interested parties through unique and varied methods; ensuring expectations are understood
11. Analysis of complaints from all interested parties, open concerns / non-conformances from internal and external audits;
12. Ensuring corrective, preventive and improvement actions are taken without undue delay to eliminate detected or potential non-conformities and their causes;
13. Evaluation and analysis of suppliers and sub-contractors in accordance with QHSE Management Systems’ requirements; ensuring expectations are understood
14. Consult and work with the QHSE Director to facilitate necessary dialogue in resolving any resource conflict or related compliance concern at contract level.
15. Assisting in liaison with external parties on matters relating to the Integrated Management System;
16. Assisting with input into development of the company’s IMS and other mechanisms for QHSE delivery;
17. Participation and input within QHSE induction and training programs;
18. Compilation and review of risk assessments for processes and activities across the scope of the organisation’s activities;
19. Compilation of data for PQQ submissions and accreditations;
20. Professional presentation of data and reports;
21. Maintenance of QHSE documentation and records within the company’s Central Documents platform;
22. Organise and deliver training across the business as required;
23. Assist with hosting external audits and enforcement visits when required;
24. Recruiting, developing and supporting Safety Representatives / Safety Champions in the business.
25. Managing, overseeing and delivering any projects to a successful conclusion, as delegated by the QHSE Director.
26. Maintain IOSH CPD and provide evidence of this during probation and PDR reviews.
27. Support initiatives and best practice activities in all areas of QHSE management.
Education – A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic Mathematics skills.
Training (Essential) NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, minimum or equivalent
(Desirable) Formal qualifications in auditing and quality management.
Formal qualification in environmental management and associate membership of IEMA or equivalent.
Professional Membership Graduate membership of IOSH, or Tech member working towards Graduate membership.
* Knowledge and experience of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 ISO 45001:2018 Management Systems, with practical application of auditing Knowledge and experience of Work at Height.
* Knowledge and experience of Working in an FM & ME environment.
* Knowledge and experience of Confined Space Operations.
* Knowledge and experience of COSHH Management.
* Knowledge and experience of Permit to Work systems.
* Knowledge and experience of RAMS.
* Excellent IT skills, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-Point.
* Able to produce statistical data in Excel format utilizing charts, graphs and ` Pivot Tables.
* Practical experience must include: Knowledge of Compliance Management in a practical in the business of Facilities Management.
* Knowledge of hard services engineering.
* Development of policy and process.
* Providing education and advice to assist operational teams.
* Monitoring and Analysis through conducting inspection and audit.
* An engineering background or an interest in engineering would be desirable, though not essential.
* Experience of using Power BI
* Appreciation of working within a multiple site environment
* Aptitudes Good verbal communication and written English skills.
* Character Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
* Confidence to step in and stop work when a dangerous situation is identified on site. Passionate about delivering and promoting a positive health & safety culture.
* Calm manner, able to work under pressure.
* Able to manage their time effectively Able to make decisions when needed based on evidence available.
* A team player, able to work with other team members or on own initiative as required
* Able to interact with client’s representatives at all levels in a professional way.
* Must be willing to be flexible in their working pattern.
* Must be willing to travel anywhere in the UK and Ireland as required, with overnight stays
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.