Job Ref: 213462620
Date: 2021-03-31 11:19:24
My client is a busy SME Ground Investigation Company who are looking for a talented Geotechnical Engineer to join them in their offices in Milton Keynes.
This position is available due to increased workload.
This role is working within a relaxed and friendly team and would suit someone who enjoys working with minimal supervision.
You will be responsible for undertaking project investigations predominantly working on Contamination assessment Stage 1 to Stage 4 and Geotechnical investigation and reporting
Slope stability and infiltration testing (BRE and BS5930)
The ideal applicant will be:
Client facing, self-motivated, exhibit a proactive approach, and work well within a team environment.
With experience of:
Managing fieldwork activities and subcontractors
Undertaking Project Management duties and resolving any technical issues
Writing factual and/or interpretative reports
Preparing health and safety documentation, booking subcontractors and scheduling soil and water samples for analytical and geotechnical testing
* BSc degree level qualified in Geology or a related subject essential
* MSc in Engineering Geology/Geotechnical Engineering or Contaminated Land related subjects preferable but not essential
* Knowledge of contaminated land and planning legislation would be an advantage
* Experience of undertaking ground investigation for geotechnical purposes
* Able to demonstrate knowledge/experience in the field of geotechnics/engineering geology, including an appreciation of the impact of Eurocode 7
* Experience of working with geotechnical databases and other geotechnical software preferable
* Experience of preparing and assisting with interpretative reports for geotechnical purposes
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Prepared to work as part of a team or as an individual
* Candidates must be willing to spend a significant amount of their working day out on site and away from home.
* Full UK driving licence.
Salary and benefits:
* £30,000 – £35,000
* Pension Scheme
This is a friendly and welcoming company who work hard and have a fun time doing it! This role would suit an experienced Geotechnical Engineer who would like to step away from the corporate world and into a more relaxed team where they have much more autonomy.
To apply for this position please submit your current CV
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.