Job Ref: 213222082
Date: 2021-02-19 18:46:53
Client: Main Contractor
Location: MILTON KEYNES
We are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a multi-disciplined contract who focus on the industrial and commercial sector. Majority of projects are Home Counties and surrounding areas but due to growth occasionally projects are further afield.
The position requires an individual who is competent, self-motivated, and financially focused. You will have surveying experience in dealing with the following: contract negotiation, submission of valuations, cost management, monthly reporting, subcontract procurement and final accounts.
Experience with a main contractor and surveying multiple projects is essential as they are ideally looking for someone who has worked on projects around £10m.
* Using the appropriate tender documentation effectively and efficiently procure tenders, negotiate and let subcontracts within required timescales, ensuring compliance is to company policies and procedures including the protection manual, quality manual and trade conditions
* Provide advice on contract arrangements and conditions under which building will be constructed
* Provide the cost-data feedback to divisional estimating department.
Attendance at relevant site meetings
* Manage the costs of projects during the construction stage and negotiate final accounts
* Lead from the front as regards to client facing meetings, dealing with multi-disciplined teams and project delivery
* Working with external employers such as Housing Associations undertaking valuations, cash flow forecasts, obtaining warranties.
* Degree qualification – Desirable
* Extensive experience as a Surveyor in a main contractor within industrial and commercial
* Team leading / management experience highly desirable
* Commercially aware with analytical & proactive approach towards problem solving
* Strong knowledge of Excel, word and CAD
If you are interested or would like further details, please don't hesitate to contact William Platten at i-texo recruitment or apply to be considered for this opportunity
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.