Job Ref: 214824927
Date: 2021-10-05 17:21:25
Lead Surveyor / Estimator
Focus Group Recruitment have the pleasure with working alongside global leading electric charging business. Our client are the UK leaders within their sector. Over the course of 10 years, our customer has established itself as the market leader in electric vehicle charging, providing solutions for EV drivers to charge at home, at work and on the road. On their mission to make charging fast and hassle-free, their charging points have been used over 30 million times to enable around 200 million miles of zero tailpipe emission driving.
To manage a team of project managers responsible for the fluid roll out of installations of Commercial units throughout the UK, liaising with Commercial clients and D.N.O.’s to fulfil orders in an appropriate timescale.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
* Liaise with the Commercial Installations Contracts Manager & Business Development Managers
* Support the existing stakeholders and ensure work tasks are assigned to the most appropriate surveyor
* Onboarding new employees
* Stakeholder liaison
* Support the tender submissions team
* Hold weekly meetings with the Surveyors
* Liaise with clients and DNO’s re. site plans and suitability
* Keep up to date with changes to the industry and relevant innovative products
* Ensure all new electrical installations requirements meet full compliance with BS: 7671 (18th Edition), IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Chargers (3rd Edition) and all relevant legislation (H&S, HERS, APEA)
* Online submission of supply requests through DNO portals and attend associated site meetings as required
* Requesting and downloading known underground services information.
* Good I.T skills – MS Office (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Power BI), Online DNO applications, creation of test certificates & handover documents.
* Good communication skills (face to face, phone, email, video calls)
* Working with others as part of a team.
* 2394,2395 & 2396 Desirable
* Trained to 18th Edition
* 2D/3D CAD Experience is essential
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Lead Surveyor/Estimator and MUST have the below skills:
* Team leader
* Experience in 2D or 2D CAD and any other design qualification.
* Experience of dealing with D.N.O.
* An understanding of the electrical installation process/ basic electrical earthing system knowledge
* BS7671: IET Regulation (18th Minimum)
* Prince 2 preferred
* Electric Vehicle certification (training can be provided)
The role is remote based however you will be required to travel to the Milton Keynes and/or Hereford offices once or twice a week so you MUST be within commutable distance or willing to travel to the offices.
Salary: Up to £42,000 plus great benefits including contributed pension scheme, 25 days + 8 days bank holidays + a fully electric car with access to free charging
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.