Job Ref: 213497588
Date: 2021-04-07 16:19:01
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Sub Agent to join our Regional team to work in Marlow, Buckinghamshire.
* To lead and control a section of the works, according to a specific discipline. Management of a team of Section Engineer & Site Engineer within same discipline.
What you'll be doing
As a Sub Agent you will:
* Live the Balfour Beatty Values;
* Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
* Support the delivery of CSUK’s Sustainability activities.
Health Safety & Environmental:
* Review Method Statements and Risk Assessments and makes improvements as appropriate;
* Be able to lead an Accident / Incident Investigation (HFACS and ‘Four Page Report’).
* Guide & coaches subordinates in technical requirements and techniques of setting out;
* Guide and coaches subordinates in resolution of construction issues, drawing on experience and accepted industry best practice.
* Take ownership of whole process of production, checking and submission of Handover Documentation (Green Files or equivalent);
* Implement systems and processes to support construction of the works in accordance with the specification (eg Materials Approval, NCR, Handover Documentation).
* Produce a fully resourced stage programme in the accepted format / software;
* Track and monitors KPI compliance and recommends improvements to systems to maintain team production.
* Maintain accurate diary, including dialogue with external organisations (subcontractors);
* Produce a budget from the resourced programme and monitors / reviews weekly costs.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
The following qualities/experience are essential:
* Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately. Suggests and implements improvements to systems;
* Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity; experienced at encouraging direct reports to do the same and managing a team to ensure tasks are carried out effectively and key messages cascaded;
* Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights;
* Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility;
* Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card. SSSTS or SMSTS qualified.
Health Safety & Environmental:
* Understands method statements and risk assessments, able to develop new and improved safe systems of work;
* Understands the principles of Accident / Incident Investigation and has good working knowledge of the process.
* A full understanding of technical requirements and techniques of setting out and coaching of team members;
* Allocates correct resource levels and identifies additional requirements.
* Understands the Organisational Business Management Systems and processes;
* Strong understanding of requirements for handover, including certification.
* Able to produce a fully resourced stage programme in the accepted format / software;
* Able to measure and track KPIs for enhanced productivity.
* Awareness of procurement practice;
* Experienced at producing detailed records and correspondence for commercial recovery.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums co uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.