Job Ref: 213981087
Date: 2021-06-15 14:02:02
At Warburtons, family is at the heart of our business. Five generations' worth of expertise that goes into making our bakery products allows us to continue a tradition of baking inherited over the past 141 years.
Warburtons is the largest bakery brand in the UK, but that doesn't allow us to rest on our laurels. We are pioneers of the industry and ambitious market leaders, always seeking to challenge ourselves and convention. It is part of our philosophy to provide honest good sense on issues of health and well-being, helping the whole family to enjoy our products as part of a healthy, balanced diet, through a range of products to suit all meal occasions, lifestyles and tastes.
As ‘Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth-generation family company supplying 18,000 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 14 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies’ to work for.
Family and values are what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
Are you a class 2 Driver on top of your game? Working alongside the Distribution teams you’ll drive in one of the most professional fleets in the country. Our vehicles have state-of the art telematics, sat nav and tracking systems. Our teams are dedicated to delivering in full and on time in a multi drop role.
As one of our drivers, you’ll deliver products to customers, within all legal and company requirements for transport legislation, Health and Safety, hygiene, quality, food safety and customer service.
Key Accountabilities and Measures
* Be supported with a 6-week induction, support from in-house driver training teams, SAFED and ongoing CPC. Your Driver CPC training is in work hours too, not outside of them.
* Be an early riser. Your shift will generally start at around 3.30am (although some patterns vary), so it’s an early start, but on the flip side, your afternoons will be your own.
* Enjoy plenty of autonomy. As a driver you’ll be given delivery notes (or an electronic device), from which you’ll accurately pick and load your vehicle with bakery products – working safely is a key priority for us, so you’ll be compliant with Health and Safety, quality, food safety and accident reporting procedures to achieve an accident-free workplace
* Your knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance mechanical knowledge (in order to be able to relay faults on defect forms) and transport legislation will be key, for example Driver Hours, working time directive and the Highway Code for a smooth and safe day
* Your route for the day will then be loaded into your onboard computer – and you’re off!
* Deliver to multiple customers each day (who are like family to us), so you’ll provide a quality service, that develops strong relationships, exceeds their expectations and on occasion be able to manage confrontation in a calm and professional manner, as well as acting as an ambassador for our brand with everyone, while living our values
You will work a defined rotating 5 days week pattern including weekends. That’s 43 hours a week, although a typical week can be less than that. All of which will hopefully help you to plan your life around work more easily.
To join the Warburtons family, you’ll need a LGV Cat C driving licence with no more than 6 points. You’ll also have a good knowledge of transport legislation and tachographs, be reliable, responsible and used to working in a fast paced environment, ideally with multi drop experience.
At last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your breads worth:
* A slice of the annual profits (discretionary profit share)
* Award winning pension scheme with company contributions up to 7%
* Life assurance
* Products you'll love along with deals and discounts for you and the family through our Extra Dough website
* Continued investment in your personal development
Fully stocked kitchens filled with our delicious products for you to enjoy with your daily brew!
We respect and value difference. We look to create an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, or any other aspect which makes them unique, are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work, is the right thing to do
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.